The Resident Assistant (RA) provides families of Providence House guidance, support and direction while in the program. The Resident Assistant acts as a mentor to clients and create an environment of safety, security and support to all families.
· Complete shift reports to keep other RA’s informed of client activities.
· Attend required department meetings and trainings; as well as agency professional development trainings.
· Assist in monitoring and recording all dining room activities, including but not limited to recording number of meals served to clients.
· Check resident chores for completion; demonstrate chore when necessary.
· Walk and monitor the building for security and safety purposes.
· Maintain a clean and safe living environment by submitting maintenance request to the maintenance department as needed for repair.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· High school diploma or equivalent, in lieu of diploma at least 1 year of work experience in a similar work environment may be considered for employment
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
· Ability to work a flexible schedule
· Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and guidelines with limited supervision
· Good communications skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to work with diverse agencies, groups, and individuals
· Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, general database knowledge, e-mail, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Outlook
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $10.00 per hour
· Dental insurance
· Health insurance
· Life insurance
· Paid time off
· Vision insurance
· 8 hour shift
· Evening shift
· Night shift
· Overnight shift
· Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
· Shreveport, LA 71101: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
· High school or equivalent (Preferred)
To apply: email résumé to email@example.com with Resident Assistant in subject line.