The part-time cook is responsible for preparing and providing nutritious meals for the families that Providence House serves. The part-time cook is also responsible for maintaining an environment that is organized, safe and clean at all times while following all health and sanitary codes.
• Prepare kitchen on a daily basis according to all federal and state regulations using the daily checklists
• Maintain cleanliness and organization in kitchen, storage room and dining room area at all times, including the washing and drying of all necessary dishes, pots and pans
• Completion of daily temperature worksheets for all refrigerators and freezers
• Put all food purchases away in an organized fashion, including dating items within 24 hours.
• Keeping all kitchen appliances (refrigerators, freezers, stoves, sinks) clean, functioning, and organized at all times
• Prepare all scheduled meals and snacks according to the prepared menus
• Completion of the menu worksheets on a daily basis
• Assist with menu planning by notifying supervisor of immediate food and supply needs
• Attend all scheduled meetings and trainings as it relates to job, including any CACFP and food bank trainings
Required Experience and Training:
• Must have 2-3 years experience in working within a commercial kitchen and preparing meals for large quantities or people.
• Current driver’s license
• Advanced organization skills, detailed oriented and proactive.
• Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and guidelines with limited supervision.
• Ability to have a positive, cheerful and helpful attitude at all times
• Must have a strenuous work ethic
• Must maintain an open and respectful attitude towards colleagues and residents
• Ability to handle stressful situations and diffuse problems while remaining calm and respectful
• Highly motivated, flexible, energetic and supportive of Providence House
• Must be a “team player” who is willing to go the extra mile to make Providence House and its residents successful
• Superior communications skills, including written, verbal and interpersonal.
• Experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
To apply email resume to email@example.com.
Deadline for submitting an application is May 7, 2018 by EOB.