How We Help
Through our Breaking the Cycle of Homelessness Program, we focus on long-term needs of homeless families by connecting them to the resources and programs necessary for them to re-establish self-sufficiency and independence.
Some of these programs include:
- “Working to Learn” Adult GED program
- “Pathways to Success”, a series of courses covering critical life skills
- Counseling and Support Groups
- Budgeting and Financial Savings
- Parenting Education
- Child Development Center
- Career Counseling and Job Training
- Clothing and Furniture Donations
- “Project Next Step”, a scattered site apartment program
- Referrals to other community services
Our theory is: As we strengthen our families by building upon their existing assets and helping them to realize their potential through giving them support, encouragement and access to the necessary resources, we help them move towards ending generational poverty and the cycle of homelessness. The skills and assets gained by our residents while in our program open up a world of new possibilities, setting them on a path to success and self-sufficiency.