Donor Bill of Rights
Our donors will be:
1. Informed of the organizationʼs mission, of the way the
organization intends to use donated resources, and of its
capacity to use donations effectively for their intended
2. Informed of the identity of those serving on the organizationʼs
governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent
judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
3. Have access to the organizationʼs most recent financial
4. Assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which
they were given.
5. Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
6. Assured that information about their donations is handled
with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by
7. Expect that all relationships with individuals representing
organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in
8. Informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers or
employees of the organization.
9. Opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists.
10. Will feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to
receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.